Monday, April 5, 2010

Fourth gift: Easter Sunday! (by Sandra)

Today was Easter...and I had to work- ugh!

I was so upset, considering that this particular job I was DETERMINED to quit. I went from a general amount of hours that I could handle between both jobs to having an increasingly time intensive work schedule. This would normally be pretty OK with me, but as I near closer to the end of my senior year (a seemingly "lazy" time), I find myself working harder than ever, and trying to find the redeeming moments associated with working there.

So, while I found myself diving into my VERY un-diabetes friendly sample doughnuts, I would usually not offer them to a) rude people b) VERY rude people and c) people who order things "non fat".

This particular day, a rater part b customer came in with his kids. It always breaks my babysitter's heart when I see sweet kids with terribly rude parents. After they got their cocoas (that I made full smalls, rather than kids size), I hand delivered these 2 cuties chocolate doughnut samples on a plate. I wanted to start crying when they looked up in disbelief with a small "thank you." Such darlings!

It's our job as adults to protect children. I can only hope that this has a ripple/butterfly effect on their lives somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment